Before seven months I was someone who was clueless about night creams and their significance. It is only when I came across this amazing product I decided to give it a try.
I will be reviewing Oriflame's Pure Nature Organic Acai and Pomegranate Antioxidant Night Cream.
What does Oriflame say about this Night cream?
Answer: Rich textured night cream containing organic extracts of Acai-berry and pomegranate that moisturises your skin while it rests.
About the Packaging:
- Comes in a 75ml, violet coloured jar.
- When you open the jar you see a silver coloured foil seal over the cream. So make sure your jar is foil sealed before you start using it.
- The thing about jar packagings is that there are very high chances of contaminating the product since one has to insert the fingers in the jar all the time to take out the product. I like tube or bottle packagings better.
- The jar contains light pink coloured cream.
The thing which caught my attention was the word Antioxidants. A night cream with antioxidant properties sounds really cool, no? Okay for readers who do not know much about antioxidants; these are basically substances which prevent the free-radical-mediated-cell-injury. The next question which comes to the minds of many is that how do these antioxidants help human skin? Answer to this is that antioxidants can help fight ageing skin cells. It helps keep the skin looking young and wrinkle-free.
Being a medical student most of my nights go sleepless so there was no point of using a night cream before, hehe. But it is then I started realising how important it is for me. Night creams help moisturise our skin the entire time we are sleeping. And one should never and like never skip moisturising their skin. And this also applies for people with combination and oily skin. And not just people with dry skin. People often have concepts like why do we need more moisturising when we already have an oily skin. The answer to this is, that people with oily skin use products which literally strip off the natural oil from their skin. As a result of which their skin remains vulnerable and this can lead to more break outs! Whenever we use a toner or a clay mask to rip off the oil from our skin this should always be followed by moisturising your skin so that you don't end up with excessive oil on your face and thus more break outs. The cream smells really nice. It has this aroma of berries mixed with aroma of pomegranate.It is not runny in consistency. Has a typical cream like consistency.
How to use?
Clean your face with water. Dry it with a towel. Apply this cream on your face and neck area. Only a small amount is needed. Do not scoop out a lot of quantity at one go as it will make your skin very greasy. You just need a little amount for your face and little for your neck. Now apply the cream by moving your fingers in circular motion all over your face and neck area.
This night cream is amazing! Everyday I wake up to a really soft, smooth, completely hydrated and clean skin! I totally love this product and once I run out of it I will definitely buy this again. It is like a life saver for my skin!
Points in Favour:
- Has anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle properties.
- This cream is a very good moisturiser.
- It smells amazing.
- Quantity of the product is enough to be lasted for a good 9-10months.
- It suitable for Normal to Combination skin types.Points not in favour:
- Jar packaging may lead to contamination of the product.
- Not available at local drugstores. Can only be bought via an Oriflame consultant.Pricing and Availability: I bought this cream via an Oriflame consultant. Not available at local drug stores. Worth 900pkr.
Rating: I would rate this product 4.5/5