Haha! This story honestly summarises my entire time with this gem I spent.
What does E.L.F say about this product?
Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturises and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
Review: This Elf Makeup Mist & Setting Spray comes in a black plastic, 60ml bottle with a nozzle for spray. Packaging is pretty good & travel-friendly. Since it's a spray so it is liquid in consistency. I haven't noticed any weird smell or any smell at all, so that's a plus point! Having a combination skin my first concern regarding this product was whether it'd make my skin more greasy/oily. But to my surprise it didn't!
How to use: There pretty much different ways of using this spray. You can work it in whatever you like.
- After you're done with your makeup, hold the Elf mist bottle at a distance of an inch or two from your face and directly spray it on your face. At first you'd see your face being all wet but let it settle/dry for a minute or so and then you're good to go! (This way NEVER worked for me).
- The other way of using this Magical mist (AS I call it :D) is that you spray it on your make-up brush and then use that for applying make-up. For instance what I do is that as I start with my foundation, I take my foundation brush and spray a little Elf mist on to my brush and then dip the brush in my foundation (liquid) and put it all over my face! This way has ALWAYS worked for me! Believe me guys it gives this SUPER glow-y look plus doesn't make my face look cake-y too.
Have a look at the swatches below:
|Here I swatched a Luscious Blusher in Peach Melba. Both of these are single swipes!|
|Here I swatched an eye-shade.|
Price & Availability: I bought this online from Facebook page Lush Grooming Bargains. Not available at local drug stores. Can only be purchased online via Facebook pages. Worth 650Pkr.
Points in favour:
- No weird fragrance present.
- Can be used in multiple ways.
- Single bottle will last you for a good 6-8 months.
- Holds make-up at place for long hours. Also making it sweat & heat proof to some extent.
- Caused no adverse reaction.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
Points not in favour:
- Not available at local drug-stores.