Today I will be reviewing Stiefel's SpectraBAN Sunscreen.
The review will be brief & to the point.
What does this product claim?
- For oily/combination skin type.
- Paraben free.
- Water resistant.
- Perfume free.
- The product comes in a 45ml, white coloured hard plastic bottle. With a pump on the top to take out the product.
- You can carry the bottle in your bag with you since the packaging is travel-friendly.
- It has SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 40.
- The consistency of the product is gel-like. It is not creamy or liquid as most of the sunscreens we use are. I found this to be a plus point since wearing liquid and creamy products in this terribly hot weather is awful.
- The product claims that the gel like formula of this sunscreen is specially designed to control sebum, as it contains unique Micro pore Structures. I agree to their claim of sebum control to some degree. But not completely since my nose does show a bit of oil after a few hours. But, that shouldn't be an issue. Oil prone skin is suppose to be that way only.
- After the application of this sunscreen, the product absorbs in to my skin REAL fast. Also, I do not get that tacky, sticky feeling on my face at all.
- There is no weird fragrance to this product.
- Did not cause me any kind of irritation or any breakouts (thankfully).
- Also, what I have noticed is that this product makes a pretty good base for makeup too. Like usually I don't like wearing makeup over a sunscreen, because of the stickiness that particular sunscreen causes. But this product does not at all make my skin greasy.
- After wearing this sunscreen it feels like nothing is on my face. Its like feeling my skin. So basically this product lets my skin breathe!
- I would not say that this is my HG sunscreen since the sunscreen I was using previously Sun Off Plus Sun Screen, was SUPER mattifying! But this product is the second best.
- I bought this product around seven months back for around 1900Pkr. This could be a bit turn off since it's tad bit expensive.
- I bought this product from Kausar Medicos, Clifton, Karachi. But can be bought from any local drug store or pharmacy across the country.
Points in favour:
- Good for oily and combination skin type.
- Keeps oil at bay.
- Does not cause any irritation or breakouts.
- No perfumed fragrance.
- Makes a pretty good base for makeup.
- Absorbs in to the skin really quick.
- Does not make face look like a grease ball.
- Easily available.
- Travel friendly packaging.
Points not in favour:
- Tad bit expensive.
- May over dry skin if you already have a dry skin type.