Tuesday 26 November 2013

MAC Pink Plaid Lipstick.

Hello beautiful readers! As you all know that we are celebrating MAC lipstick week on our blog, in which we are going to review a MAC lipstick everyday on our blog for this entire week! We have already reviewed two MAC lipsticks and today we're going to come up with another shade for you guys! 

Third MAC lipstick to be reviewed today is "Pink Plaid".


Before moving on with the review I would like to tell you that MAC lipsticks come in nine different finishes, which are as follows:

  1. Amplified
  2. Amplified Creme
  3. Cremesheen
  4. Frost
  5. Glaze
  6. Lustre
  7. Matte
  8. Retro Matte
  9. Satin.





Review:











Pink Plaid is a matte finish lipstick.This lipstick comes in a black, hard plastic container with MAC printed on it in silver. Pinks are my favourite when it comes to lipsticks. I am always looking out for different pinks and by now I have a pretty good collection of pink lipsticks in my make-up stash. When I first saw this colour it appeared to me as one of those amazing every-day-pinks. And that is when before giving it a second thought I purchased it. Sadly this MAC pink did not show up that good of a colour on my lips as it seemed too, in other words did not meet my expectations of a gorgeous pink. Pink Plaid is a light pink with blue undertones (as suggested by MAC). It appears very pale on me and for this reason I cannot wear this lipcolour alone, like never! On my Asian skin tone Pink Plaid appears more as a nude-pink and over all I look really pale when wearing this lipcolour.  For the reference I am NC 30. 

This is one of those lipsticks for which you cannot completely rely on the reviews and swatches online. You have to and have to try on this lipstick because in my view this lipstick will show up differently on different people. Therefore I apply Pink Plaid in combination with my other pink lipcolours to get the desired pink colour. I usually wear it with MAC's Chatter Box

As mentioned earlier, this is a matte finish lipstick. This is probably one of the finest matte lipsticks I have ever come across! If I draw a comparison between Color Studio Pure Matte collection to MAC's matte finish I think Pink Plaid turns out to be an amazing matte finish lipstick. First thing which comes to our minds when we hear the word "matte" is drying, right? This lipstick is not at all drying and yet matte at the same time! Even when I wear this lipcolour alone it never dries out my lips nor does it highlight the dry, cracked areas on my lips which is the worst side of a usual matte lipstick. Thus one can use this lipstick all year round be it summers or winters.

The longevity of this lipstick is pretty good. It stays put on my lips for a good 4-5 hours if I don't eat or drink in this between. With meals, it tends to feather away slightly. The vanilla scent of the lipstick is divine, like the rest of the MAC lipsticks. The consistency of the lipstick is creamy. Does not bleed out if applied with a lip liner. Colour pay off is pretty good too, I don't really have to struggle with getting the actual colour. Just a single swipe and am done!

Over-all I think I have better pinks and this is not one of my favourite MAC lipsticks. But I think the MAC's matte range is definitely worth a try if you are a matte lipstick lover! There are plenty of other options to choose from. 



MAC Pink Plaid Swatched.




Price and Availability: Can be bought from Naheed Supermarket, Agha's or EBCO located  at The Forum. Worth 2700Pkr. 


Points in Favour:

  • Travel friendly packaging.
  • Huge shade range
  • Colour pay off is good
  • Longest wearing time
  • Does not dry out my lips.
  • Does not highlight dry areas of the lips.


Points not in favour:

  • Colour of the lipstick is too light than the actual colour of the lipstick in the tube.
  • Appears pale on me.
  • Pricey.
  • Feathers away slightly after the meals.


Rate: I would rate this 3/5.

For other MAC Lipstick reviews, check here!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, the swatch is quite different from the bullet :)

    but i simple love your lip swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thankyou Fakhra! :) Yeah my camera didn't really do justice to the pictures of the lipstick tube but the colour shown is almost similar to what it is in actual too. But as you can see the lip swatch is entirely different and this is what I mentioned in my review too. Thanks a lot for commenting! :)

      Delete

Your precious comments make our day, please leave one below!