Friday 29 November 2013

MAC Mocha Lipstick.

Hello beautiful readers! As you all know that we are celebrating MAC lipstick week on our blog, in which we are going to review a MAC lipstick everyday on our blog for this entire week! We have already reviewed five MAC lipsticks and today we're going to come up with another brilliant shade for you guys! 



MAC lipstick to be reviewed today is "Mocha".







Before moving on with the review I would like to tell you that MAC lipsticks come in nine different finishes, which are as follows:



  1. Amplified
  2. Amplified Creme
  3. Cremesheen
  4. Frost
  5. Glaze
  6. Lustre
  7. Matte
  8. Retro Matte
  9. Satin


REVIEW:

Mocha is a Satin finish lipstick. This is the first Satin finish lipstick by MAC to be reviewed on our blog today. A satin lipstick offers great colour pay off with an almost but not quite, matte finish without being drying on the lips. As the opacity is high with this formulation, the wear time is also relatively good.

This lipstick comes in a black, hard plastic container with MAC printed on it in silver. Mocha is basically a Peach with brown undertones. It is one excellent nude colours MAC has come up with! Although I'm more of a pink, red and a coral person but when I first saw this shade online I knew it was the perfect nude for me. Most nude shades tend to make my overall complexion really pale for unknown reasons and I was expecting the same to some degree from Mocha too but it didn't let me down! I usually pair this lip colour with a black or brown smokey eye look and it enhances my overall look so well. 

Satin finish is the best I swear. It is something in between Amplified finish and a Matte finish. It appears as a matte finish but at the same time it is not at all drying. Having said that I literally feel my lips are moisturised and hydrated the entire time I'm wearing this on my lips. This is my to-go-colour for winters! 

I am someone who always thought browns are for the aged ones, hehe (No offense!). But after having this gorgeous peachy-brown colour my perception towards browns have changed. This is one magical colour which I believe would look the best on cooler skin tones. Although it matches my Asian skin tone very well too. For the reference I am NC 30. It can be worn during the day time as well as evening both. I wear it to school and formal occasions both. 

The consistency of the lipstick is very creamy. And it glides onto my lips smoothly without putting any effort. The colour is 100% buildable. So make sure when you're applying it, because if you layer it on more it will show up more as a dark brown colour rather than a warm peachy brown. So it's up to you, how ever you like it. It is not transfer-resistant. Does not bleed if applied with a lip liner.


MAC's Mocha Swatched.






Price and Availability: Can be bought from Naheed SuperMarket, Agha's or EBCO located at The Forum. Worth 2700Pkr.


Points in favour:

  • Travel friendly packaging.
  • Colour pay off is amazing. With just one swipe the actual colour shows up.
  • Buildable colour. 
  • Stays put on the lips for a good three to four hours provided no intake of meal in this between. With intake of meals, tends to feather away. 
  • Hydrates and moisturises the lips.
  • Perfect nude colour for Winters.
  • Best for people with cooler skin tones.
  • Can be worn during day time and evening both. 
  • Glides on to the lips very smoothly.


Points not in favour:

  • Not transfer resistant.
  • Tendency to bleed if not applied with a lip liner.
  • Pricey.


Rate: I would rate it 4.9/5


For a comparison between MAC's Cosmo and MAC's Mocha, have a look at the picture below:





On the Left: MAC's Cosmo
On the Right: MAC's Mocha.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your precious comments make our day, please leave one below!