Saturday 30 November 2013

MAC Fast Play Lipstick.

Hello beautiful readers! As you all know that we are celebrating MAC lipstick week on our blog, in which we are going to review a MAC lipstick everyday on our blog for this entire week! We have already reviewed six MAC lipsticks and today we're going to come up with another brilliant shade for you guys!

The MAC lipstick to be reviewed today is "Fast Play".








Before moving on with the review I would like to tell you that MAC lipsticks come in nine different finishes, which are as follows:



  1. Amplified
  2. Amplified Creme
  3. Cremesheen
  4. Frost
  5. Glaze
  6. Lustre
  7. Matte
  8. Retro Matte
  9. Satin

REVIEW:

Fast Play is an Amplified Creme finish lipstick. Now the question stands that what exactly does Amplified Creme finish means? These lipsticks give opaque coverage similar to the matte formula, but are much less drying. They are very creamy and soft-textured lipsticks. Amplified and Amplified Creme fall in the same category. Even though they have incredible coverage and opacity, they are not completely matte and they last a long time too. So if a matte finish is not your cup of tea, I would definitely recommend you this or a Cremesheen finish.

Fast Play is a neutral pink as suggested by MAC . When I first saw the colour in the tube and first applied it on my lips it did not at all co relate. The colour in the tube looks more of a pink with brown undertones, but on my brownish pink lips this colour shows up more of a brown with plum undertones. Definitely not one of my favourites. I feel that on my Asian skin tone it makes my over all complexion look kind of dull because the colour is more towards brown. I am not some one who wear browns often, although pinkish browns are a favourite but this one doesn't show any signs of pink on my lips. For the reference I am NC 30. What I think is, that this colour would look the best on people with cooler skin tones like people who have wheatish skin tones or really pale skin tones. 

Amplified finish is a perfect choice for winters! The creamy consistency of this lipstick keeps the lips hydrated and moisturised the entire time I'm wearing this lipstick. The colour is absolutely build able, the more you layer it on the bolder it becomes. It stays put on my lips for a good three to four hours straight with no intake of meals in between. With intake of meals it tends to feather away earlier. Has a tendency to bleed if not applied with a lip liner. Because of the creamy consistency, it is not transfer resistant. 

Over-all I think Fast Play is not really my cup of tea but since I've bought it I have to use it and so I try to mix it with other lip colours at times and just waiting for it to end else it'll be lying in my make-up stash forever. 





MAC's Fast Play Swatched


Picture taken WITH flash.

Picture taken WITH flash.




Picture taken WITHOUT flash.

Picture taken WITHOUT flash.

Price and Availability: Can be bought from Naheed Supermarket, Agha's or EBCO located at The Forum. Worth 2700Pkr. 


Points in favour:
  • Travel friendly packaging.
  • Keeps the lips hydrated and moisturised.
  • Stays put on lips for a good three to four hours.
  • Would suit people with really pale skin tones and wheatish skin tones.


Points not in favour:
  • Appears brownish-plum on my Asian skin tone.
  • Makes my over all complexion appear dull.
  • The colour in the tube and the lip swatch doesn't co-relate.
  • Pricey.
  • Might not suit people with dark skin tones.


Rate: I would rate it 3/5


For a comparison between MAC's Cosmo, MAC's Mocha and MAC's Fast play, have a look at the picture below:

Picture 1: MAC's Fast Play
Picture 2: MAC's Cosmo
Picture 3: MAC's Mocha










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your precious comments make our day, please leave one below!